A crunchy nutty cheesy snack. Kale chips are a rich course of nutrients and perfect for a snack pack or lunch box.
Make a slurry using the following ingredients
- 1 cup of Ground Activated seeds or nuts- I use sunflower seed meal so that the kids can take them to school
- 1 cup of Nutritional Yeast Flakes (not brewers or torula or similar acitve yeasts)
- The juice of 1 lemon OR 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar
- A little water as needed to make a smooth paste.
- 2 large bunches of organic kale
- Optional- ground seaweed added to the mix
- Himalayan or Celtic salt to taste
Remove the stalks from your fresh organic kale but holding the base of the stalk and firmly running your fingers along the stem towards the tip- removing the leaves from the stem. Discard the stems into the worm farm. Rinse your kale leaves in pure water and transfer to the bowl of marinade. Coat all of the leaves and spread them onto the dehydrator tray. Dry at moderate heat for around 20 hours or until very crisp.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Sourcing Nutritional Yeast Flakes- The Pantry Practitioner Northey Street Organic Markets Brisbane or on line www.pantrypractitioner.com.au
Jillaine is passionate about Traditional FOOD AS MEDICINE. She lives on an organic farm in Cygnet Tasmania.